Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Nail of the Day: New Years Eve Nails!

I used some of the polishes I got for Christmas to do this nail look!

Here's the finished look.


I started out with OPI's base coat.

Then 2 coats of OPI's Designer De Better on all nails except the ring finger. I only put on one for this nail. I did this because I knew it was going to take several layers of the glitter to get the look I wanted.

Then I added abut 3 coats of OPI's Rainbow Connection to my ring finger. This takes a bit of work because to get an even layer of glitter you have to put the chunks of glitter around a bit.


And then I finished up with a coat of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry top coat!

Review of products used:
1. I really liked this base coat. I had been using Orly's Rubberized base coat which dries to a tacky finish, this one dries just like a normal polish so it was interesting to try something new.
2. I LOVE Designer De Better! The picture really doesn't do it justice, it is such a unique color.It is also pretty much opaque with just one coat but I used two anyway.
3. Rainbow Connection is GORGEOUS but a huge pain, both to apply and remove. It took me almost an hour scrubbing my two ring fingers with a remover soaked cotton round to remove it but I just saw an awesome video that MissChievous did on YouTube showing a much easier way to remove glitters! You should check it out!
4. I really liked this top coat until just recently. All of a sudden it got really thick, goopey, and stringy on me. I guess I've just had it too long? Either way I am kinda bummed about it because I still had about half of it left.

Would you wear this look?

~UnePetiteAmie

No comments:

Post a Comment